Most people will notice your smile as one of the first qualities they notice about you. What if a tooth requires little treatment to make your smile shine? Having damaged or discoloured teeth can have a negative impact on a person’s confidence or self-esteem. This is where a dental veneer may assist to improve your smile. Dental veneers are an excellent choice for correcting a wide range of physical and cosmetic issues with your teeth.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored shells that are bonded to the front surfaces of teeth to improve their look. They are usually composed of porcelain or a resin-composite material and are permanently attached to your teeth. Veneers can be used to repair a variety of aesthetic issues, such as chipped, cracked, discoloured, or smaller-than-average teeth.
Dental veneers assist to improve a person’s teeth’s look. They may be useful for those looking for a long-term solution to chronic aesthetic issues, particularly those that have not responded to conventional dental procedures such as tooth whitening, braces, or retainers.
Types of Dental Veneers
Veneers are classified into two types:
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are a hard, thin cap that may be placed on the tops and sides of teeth by a dentist. Before attaching them, the dentist will remove some enamel from the tooth. Porcelain veneers are the same colour as natural teeth, however they can be whitened to enhance the smile.
- Composite veneers made of resin – Resin-based composite veneers are comparable to porcelain veneers in appearance and function, but they are less costly and need less enamel removal. A dentist may not have to remove any enamel before installing the composite veneer in some cases. If a composite veneer is cracked or damaged, it is typically easier to replace than a porcelain veneer.
What are the advantages of dental veneers?
The most obvious advantage of veneers is that they improve the look of your teeth, giving you a brighter and more even smile. Dental veneers are frequently used to remedy the following aesthetic issues:
- Teeth that have been cracked or chipped
- A space between the teeth
- Extreme discolouration or uneven colouring that is unaffected by whitening
- Teeth that are smaller than usual
- Teeth that are sharp or distinctive in form
Depending on the type of veneer you pick, veneers can last for more than a decade, making them a semi permanent investment that can boost your confidence in your smile.
We hope that this information has helped you realise dental veneers are a great method to conceal discoloured, crooked, or broken teeth, but it’s crucial to weigh the benefits and drawbacks before obtaining them. If you are seeking the best dental veneers service in Houston, Texas, make an appointment at FLOSS – West Oaks (Blogs, GMB, FB) to evaluate whether dental veneers are the greatest solution for enhancing confidence in your smile.