Dental Crowns in West Oaks Houston
Get your broken chip or tooth repaired today.
Your tooth might fail to produce its actual strength if it is chipped or broken. Today, with improved and advanced dental restoration services, getting an affected tooth repaired has become quite easy. Dental crowns play a significant role in repairing a chipped, broken or a cracked tooth, it covers the tooth’s surface and protects it from getting damaged. There are quite a few types of dental crowns available, but porcelain crowns yield the best results. They blend perfectly with the natural color of your tooth.
Why Would You Need a Dental Crown?
Apart from mending a chipped, cracked or a broken tooth, a crown is also suggested to get fixed after a root canal therapy in order to get the tooth restored completely. It gives extra protection to the tooth which undergoes a root canal. A dental crown enhances the natural structure of your tooth if it gets affected.
How are Dental Crowns Beneficial?
- You may have some difficulties while pronouncing a few words if your tooth is broken, however, a dental crown will reinstate the affected tooth and enhance your speech.
- A broken or a chipped tooth can certainly have an impact on your ability to chew. Hence, chewing food could become a problem due to it, but crowns can improve your bite.
- The dental aesthetics of your tooth can be enhanced with the help of a dental crown as it ameliorates the appearance of the tooth.
- A dental crown has the ability to bring back the original strength of a tooth that is affected.
- Your neighboring teeth are saved when you get a dental crown fixed on your affected tooth.
How Can You Look After Your Dental Crown?
You must look after your crown if you want to experience the benefits of the dental prosthesis for a longer period of time. Below are some of the tips which can be helpful.
- Biting on a hard food item or using your teeth as a tool can cause major damage to the dental crown. Therefore, avoid biting on hard foods or anything inedible.
- Brush with a toothpaste that is non-abrasive.
- See a dentist if you have the habit of grinding teeth.
- Brush with a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
- Don’t smoke or drink.
- Curb down on the consumption of acidic foods.
- Don’t skip dental visits.
If you want to get some more ideas about dental crowns or want to know about its cost, then call us today at (832) 500-5473.