Teeth Whitening in West Oak Houston
Get your teeth whitened today!!
FLOSS Dental offers teeth whitening service when you need them. A flawless and a beautiful smile enhances your overall personality, however, a poor dental hygiene can make your teeth look discolored. Sometimes, the stains on your teeth might not go even after brushing and flossing properly. But, teeth whitening can help give you a smile makeover. Our advanced whitening treatments can not only improve the aesthetic appearance of your teeth but could also boost your dental hygiene.
How Do Teeth Become Discolored?
Our tooth enamel has a porous structure where beverages such as coffee, tea, red wine and other staining liquids get absorbed and lead to discoloration. Both tea & coffee contain tannin which is a bitter-tasting organic substance and is brownish or yellowish in color. Therefore, it could be one of the major reasons for staining teeth. Smoking also gives rise to tooth discoloration. Tobacco contains nicotine and tar which can certainly cause stained teeth. Poor oral hygiene can also be one of the reasons behind discolored teeth.
Types of Teeth Whitening Treatments
- Teeth Whitening Treatment: This procedure can be completed within a single visit. The very first step in Teeth Whitening treatment requires placing a protective coating on your lips and gum tissue. Right after that, the dentist applies a whitening gel to your teeth which is then activated with the help of an ultraviolet light.
- At Home Teeth Whitening: These kits include carbamide peroxide solution and a custom made mouth-guard in order to keep the solution intact. This treatment is more cost-effective when compared to bleaching.
- Zoom Teeth Whitening: It takes nearly less than an hour for the completion of this procedure. The dentist will first cover your lips and gums with a protective layer, after that, the zoom hydrogen peroxide whitening gel is applied which is followed by activating the gel with shining zoom lamp. The gel can be applied thrice to complete the entire procedure. Each session takes 15 minutes.
Advantages of a Whitening Treatment
- The treatment yields faster results and you don’t need to wait for a few days to see the effect.
- It is a cost-effective dental treatment.
- Most of your tooth structure is saved during a teeth whitening treatment.
- It is an extremely safe dental treatment as teeth whitening is a non-invasive procedure.
- It gives your self-esteem and confidence a boost.
- The dental treatment lets you smile without any inhibitions.
- The effect can last longer if you take good care of your dental hygiene.
Giving Up on These Habits and Following Certain Measures Can Prevent Tooth Discoloration
- Smoking should be strictly avoided to prevent tooth discoloration. It can not only stain your teeth, but can also give rise to plaque which is one of the primary reasons for causing gum disease.
- Curb down on drinking coffee and tea or anything acidic. Use a straw while drinking such beverages to avoid its direct contact with your teeth.
- Make sure you brush and floss twice in a day.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue every day.
- Rinse with a mouthwash that is antibacterial.
- Eat a lot of green vegetables which are rich in nutrients. Eating right can improve your oral health.
Get in touch with our adept dentists today at (832) 844-2266 to experience out effective teeth whitening treatments.